Benjamine Franklin Morrow was born Leesville, Henry County, Missouri on Nov 21, 1845. His parents were David James Morrow and Loucinda Young. In
the 1860 Census of Dallas County, MO, Benjamine is listed in his father’s household.
On December 6, 1866 he married Temperance "Tempey" Melvina Myers in Buffalo, Dallas Co., Missouri. She was born April 11, 1850 in Dallas Co., MO
and died August 4, 1920 in Rains County, TX. Her parents were Peter Myers and Temperance Babb.
On September 1, 1862, at age 16, Benjamine volunteered in the U.S. Army with Company I of the Eighth Regiment of Missouri Cavalry Volunteers. His
Company was commanded by F.J. McAdoo. As a result of exposure and disease, Benjamine spent most of his military career in the hospital. On the 8th of
August, 1865, four months after the Civil War ended, he was honorably discharged from the U.S. Army at Springfield, Missouri. It should be noted that
Benjamine's father, James David Morrow also served in the Civil War as a Corporal of Co. G, Dallas County, MO Home Guards .
In 1871, Tempey’s father, Peter Myers, died. Her widowed mother, Temperance Babb Myers, her sister Martha, and two brothers, Nathaniel and Peter,
traveled by wagontrain with J.H.Myers to Coryell Co, TX. Benjamine and Tempey settled in Coryell County in a house on the ranch of her Uncle, William H.
Babb. Their third and fourth children were born there.
In 1874 Benjamine’s mother died. After her death, Benjamine moved his expanded family to Parker County, Texas near Millsap. While living in Millsap,
Benjamine worked as a millwright at the Palace Flour Mill.
On March 14, 1885, Benjamine filed a Declaration for Original Invalid Pension "A" 534888-999848 based on his service during the Civil War. (National
Archive T288 General Pension Index Roll 338 -Civil War)
On July 7, 1905 Benjamine received a postcard from Springfield, Missouri announcing the reunion of the 8th Missouri Volunteer Cavalry. It reads:
Our 18th Annual Regimental Reunion will be held in Odd Fellows Hall on the public square in this city August 2nd and 3rd, 1905. This departure from our
old custom has been in contemplation for three or four years and has now been adopted after consulting with many of our comrades in and near
Springfield. The Park and the Fair Grounds are pleasant places to meet, but the labor and expense of preparing for our occupancy and then for their
return to the owner has become quite burdensome to the President and Secretary. Note this Comrade: From 9 o’clock a.m. till 11-only our own members
and their families will be expected. At 3 o’clock and 9 p.m. however, the doors will be open to the public, and then all old soldiers, their families and friends
and the public generally are most cordially invited to meet with us.
We shall have attractive programmes and interesting speakers, musicians, etc., etc. Don’t fail to come because of this change in our meeting place. You
will be delighted with it.
We shall have some good old soldier speeches and some fine music--as we shall draw on the city for assistance and shall expect to get the best.
Comrade, we want to remind you that this will be the 40th anniversary of the muster out of our regiment. JNO. W. LISENBY, President M.O. BEDWELL,
Secretary and Treasurer.
After living in Parker County for a few years, Benjamine moved his family to Hunt Co. and then later, to Rains County, Texas. Many family members are
buried in the Turner Cemetery located in Rains County.
The children of Benjamine and Temperance were:
- Martha El Mina Morrow b: December 1867 in Dallas Co, MO d: 1937 in Rains County, TX Turner Cemetery. Never married.
- James Peter Morrow
- William Morrow b: January 25, 1871 in Coryell Co. TX
- David Waldon Morrow
- Clara Morrow (great grandmother of Cindy H. Casey)
- Henry Foster Morrow
- Madison Taylor Morrow
- Loucinda Temperance Morrow
- Melissa Margaret Morrow b: October 6, 1885 in Texas d: February 25, 1969 in Greenville, Hunt Co., TX. On August 28, 1904 in Rains Co., TX she
married William Thomas Hutchens b: May 10, 1872 in Tennessee d: March 7, 1916 in Rains County, Emory, Texas. Both are buried in the Colony
Cemetery, Rains Co., TX.
- Dora Franklin Morrow b: December 25, 1887 in Hunt County, TX d: July 28, 1970 in Hunt County, TX. On September 3, 1911 in Willow Springs, TX
she married John Nelson Glissen b: September 27, 1882 in Mississippi d: October 16, 1961 in Tyler, TX. Both are buried in the Turner Cemetery,
Rains Co, TX.
- Jeannetta Morrow b: May 1890 in Hunt County, TX d: 1967 in Hunt County, TX. She is buried in the Turner Cemetery, Rains Co. TX. She married
Loucinda Temperance Morrow and Lewis Franklin Ford
Loucinda Temperance Morrow was born Jun 1883 in Parker County, TX to Benjamine F. Morrow. She died Jan 30, 1954 in Greenville, TX. On Dec 18,
1900 in Emory, Texas she married Lewis Franklin Ford. He was born Aug 5, 1852 and died Oct 11, 1936 in Alvarado, TX. They had the following children:
- William (Bill) Benjamin Ford b: Dec 14, 1901 in Tarrant County, TX married Ruth Irene Chambers b: Jan 12, 1909 in Johnson County, TX
- James Edward Ford b: Oct 21, 1903 in Henderson County, TX married Myrtle Hollaway b: May 18, 1907
- Josie Winnifred Ford b: Oct 2, 1912 in Henderson County, TX married Hubert Kepley b: Aug 2, 1899 in Rockwall, TX
- Edna Jessie Ford b: Aug 23, 1917 in Emory, TX married Wayne Hodnett b: Mar 9, 1920 in Rising Star, TX *2nd Husband of Edna Jessie Ford:
- Elma Jeffy May Ford b: Aug 23, 1917 in Emory, TX married J.H. Pilcher b: Dec 12, 1913 in Georgia
- Minnie Melvina Ford b: Apr 21, 1909 in Tarrant County, TX married Bill Barron. *2nd Husband of Minnie Melvina Ford: Oscar Adams Chambers b:
Dec 25, 1895 in Johnson County, TX
- Bruce Ford b: Jul 28, 1915 in Henderson County, TX
- George Thomas Ford b: Sep 7, 1906 in Tarrant County, TX married Pearl Chambers
Madison Taylor Morrow and Hattie Barber
Madison Taylor Morrow* was born Apr 29, 1881 in Parker County, Weatherford, Texas to Benjamine F. Morrow. He died Aug 29, 1950, in Dallas, Texas.
On Sept. 8, 1901 in Starville, Smith County, Texas, he married Hattie Abigail Barber*. She was born Sep 8, 1880 in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, and died in 1969
in Dallas, TX. They had the following children:
1. Flossie Mae Morrow* b: Jul 4, 1902 in Smith County, TX and died 06/17/1995 in Dallas, TX. Married Walter Franklin Boatwright* b: Mineola, TX; One son
Walter Jr.*, No issue.
2. William Wesley Morrow* b: Oct 18, 1903 in Smith County, TX married Stella Williams* of Weatherford, Texas in Dallas, Texas. No issue.
3. John Franklin Morrow b. ca.1905, in Smith County, TX. He was married twice: (1) Audry Snyder* who died in the early 1960's and is buried in Dallas; (2)
Gay L. ?? who died 12/04/1992. John died 12/06/1992 (that is correct, two days after his wife) in San Gabriel, California; both are buried in San Gabriel.
4.Julia Mildred Morrow* b: Dec 30, 1911, in Starville, Smith County, Texas. She was married December 14, 1932, in Dallas, Texas, to James Wadkins Lee,
Jr.* b: Nov 21, 1906 in Smithville, TN. One son, James III, b. September 25, 1938, in Dallas, Texas. Two grandsons: James Randall Lee b. September 1,
1964, Dallas, TX and Justin Ray Lee b. March 22, 1967, Dallas, TX
Note: All * buried in Grove Hill Cemetery, Dallas, Texas (son James Lee III firstname.lastname@example.org)
Henry Foster Morrow and Emma Morris Counts
Henry F. Morrow (standing)with brother James Peter Morrow
Henry Foster Morrow was born Nov 1878 in Parker County, TX. He married Emma Morris Counts who was born Apr 1874 in Texas. They had the following
- Benjamin Curtis Morrow married Blanche Mabel Clayton
- Guy William Morrow b: Apr 15, 1903 in Lone Oak, TX married Minnie Brown b: Jun 1, 1898 in Sherman, TX
- Edward Morrow b: Mar 18, 1905 in Lone Oak, TX married Virginia May Hall b: May 17, 1906
- Temperance Morrow b: Dec 3, 1906 in Rains County, TX married Charlie Hamilton Brown b: Jul 19, 1891 in Greenville, TX. *2nd Husband of
Temperance Morrow: Rupert King b: Oct 17, 1909 in El Paso, TX
- James Albert Morrow b: Apr 19, 1909 in Lone Oak, TX married Francis Elenora Hall b: Jun 22, 1913 in Zimmerman, Minn
- Jessie Rollin Morrow b: Mar 26, 1911 in Hunt County, TX married Linnie Dowdy b: Aug 8, 1917 in Arkadelphia, AR
- Henry Finis Morrow b: Dec 7, 1913 in Lone Oak, TX married Virginia Farmer. *2nd Wife of Henry Finis Morrow: Ruth M. Ford b: Jul 7, 1920 in Hunt
- Ruth Morrow b: Unknown married Ferrell Porter b: Unknown in ?
& Affiliated Families
by Cindy H. Casey
email@example.com Home Page
Temperance M. Myers.
of Cindy H. Casey