Elizabeth A. Morrow and John Dame
Elizabeth married John H. Dame August 31, 1876 in Dallas Co., MO. The marriage was officiated by her father, David James Morrow . John was born March 17,
1843 and died February 12, 1918 in Laclede Co. MO. Both are buried at Bennett Springs, MO. in the Flatwoods Cemetery.
Elizabeth raised two sons prior to marrying John H. Dame. According to Darrel Dame, a descendant of John’s, Elizabeth has these children out of wedlock. In the
1870 US Census for Dallas Co., Jasper Twp., Elizabeth was listed with her two sons as she had no husband. Her sons took her name. Those two sons were:
- Christopher Columbus Morrow
- William Morrow b: 1870 in Dallas Co., MO.
Children of Elizabeth Morrow and John Dame:
- Minnie Dame was born about 1873 in Buffalo, Dallas Co., MO and died in Laclede Co., MO. She is buried in the Lebanon Cemetery. Her first husband was
William Millard. Her second husband was W.H. Sharp, whom she married on September 15, 1890 in Missouri.
- Leona Dame was born about 1875 in Buffalo, Dallas Co., MO and died possibly in Henrietta, OK. She married William T. Berry on September 15, 1890 in
Missouri. There is one known son, Edgar Berry. Nothing more known.
- Pleasant C. Dame was born about 1877 in Dallas Co., MO and died in 1937 in Laclede Co., MO. He married Louella "Lula" E. Richardson, born about 1880
and died in 1965 in Laclede Co., MO. Both are buried in the Flatwoods Cemetery in Bennett Springs. One known daughter, Lillie Dame
- David Valentine "Tine" Dame was born September 24, 1879 in Dallas Co., MO and died January 18, 1947 in Laclede Co., MO. He married Grace B.
Richardson born January 24, 1883 and died April 17, 1959 in Laclede Co., MO. Both are buried in the Flatwoods Cemetery in Bennett Springs.
- Emmit M. Dame was born about 1881 in Dallas Co., MO and died January 21, 1963. He married Ada Richardson, born about 1881. There is one known son,
Tayola Dame who married Naomi Ruth Wilson. There is one known son from that marriage, Darrell Dame.
& Affiliated Families
by Cindy H. Casey
email@example.com Home Page
Bennett Springs Flatwoods Cemetery, Laclede Co., MO