by Lorea Morrow
                                                                                      (February 20, 1903-December 2, 1987)
                                                                                          Edited and © byCindy H. Casey

Around the first week in January 1981, Cindy (Casey) called me from Winston-Salem, North Carolina. She wanted to know if I would assist her in compiling a family tree of the B.F.
(Benjamine Franklin) MORROW and TEMPERANCE MELVINA MYERS MORROW family. I did not know until that day that Cindy existed, but she is a great grand-daughter of

This would be a good start in my lifetime ambition to gather the names of my aunts, uncles and most especially my cousins whom I had always held in high esteem. We started a
search for names of relatives that would finally be listed in our book. I have known every cousin that had survived infancy except LILLY MAE USRY JOHNSON, the grandmother of
Cindy. If I ever knew or saw LILLY MAE USRY, I do not to this day remember her. However, my parents had expressed their love and admiration in memory of her in a manner that I
have always been well aware of her place in the family.

Cindy would search the genealogical libraries at Winston-Salem and at Charlotte. She would send her findings to me. In the meantime, I would search the library in Ft. Worth and send
my findings to her.

I remembered the names of our grandparents and also the names of quite a number of both their brothers and sisters. I had listened to their talking about their trials and their troubles
as pioneers of Missouri and also Texas, and how that they had managed to survive. Since I was born in a log house, I would almost have a fantastic reaction to their stories about
living in a log house. My brother Austin MORROW was also born in a log house.

After the death of great-aunt RACHEL MORROW JONES, great-uncle SAMUEL JONES (her husband) came to visit the MORROW relatives in Texas. He and grandfather came to visit
us. They discussed the troubles and accomplishments of the various members of the family in both Texas and Missouri. Great-aunt MELISSA MORROW BUSBY and family would visit
us. ISSAC MYERS, a son of VIRLENIA and J.H. MYERS, was a double cousin to Daddy. ISSAC and his wife DELLA HAVEN and daughter ETHEL PEARL visited us several times.
During all of these visits from the various relatives, I learned more and more about our ancestors and their way of life.

One story that always amused me was when MELISSA was living with the MORROWS in Parker County, Texas. My father, DAVID, had to bring in the wood for the kitchen stove. It was
a cold night. MELISSA and her boyfriend were burning the stove wood. DAVID expressed his intentions of taking over the wood box. It was then that grandmother took him to one side
and gave him some unpleasant warnings.

My grandmother and grandfather would discuss some letter that they had received from AUNT VIRLENIA or from AUNT MARTHA, and others. I would listen but never once had a
thought that I should ever meet any of these people or their descendants.

Then in the first week in March, 1982, I was at the genealogy library in Ft. Worth, Texas. My name was called for a microfilm reader. When I returned to my table, I was approached by
a young man. He introduced himself as RONNIE SMITH and asked me what MORROW I was checking on. I answered, "DAVID J. MORROW, my great grandfather." He replied, "We
are double kin! I am a descendant of VIRLENIA MORROW and J.H. MYERS."

I had know as far back as I can remember that VIRLENIA MORROW MYERS was BENJAMINE F. MORROW’S sister, and that JAMES HENRY MYERS was the brother of TEMPERANCE
MYERS MORROW. I have never been more excited! About all that we did the remainder of the evening was to discuss our families and our ancestors. I learned through my
conversation with Ronnie that he had been compiling information on the JAMES PETER MYERS family and that of DAVID J. MORROW for more than ten years.

I came home and telephoned Cindy and that was when we decided to invite RONNIE SMITH, a great-great grandson of VERLINIA MORROW and JAMES HENRY MYERS to join us in
this task. Neither of us knew either of the other two just a year before. However, we are all descendants of DAVID JAMES MORROW and LUCINDA YOUNG MORROW and PETER

The three of us have made a great effort in the research of these families, to learn where they lived, how they lived, and most of all, their personal contributions to their country and to
the upkeep and welfare of their fellow man. In this research we find that these pioneers really endured many hardships while living in Missouri and later in Texas. They solved their
problems in a way that was an inspiration to their descendants whom we find to be high achievers and morally strong.

In the late 1830's when the Delaware, the Osage and the Kickapoo would return and camp in what is now Dallas County, Missouri, white settlers were few and scattered. During this
period, Chief Black Buffalo, with his fifty Osage followers referred to as the Niangua Bandetta, made horse stealing their specialty. These Indians contended that they had relinquished
their land rights, but not their hunting rights. They would also return to visit the graves of their ancestors. In Dallas County at least three cemeteries were known to have Indian graves.

In 1837 war was waged against the Osage forcing these tall, handsome people back westward into Kansas. By the late 1840's, the Indian people that once inhabited this area of
Missouri had forever vanished into a fast changing American History.

Early-day Dallas County, Missouri and its predecessor, Niangua County, was well supplied with water from springs, branches, creeks and rivers. It also had an attractive supply of
grassland and forest. These forests and grass covered prairies provided a bountiful habitat for buffalo, deer, and other wild animals and fowl which provided the primary food source
for the westward moving American Pioneers. The hides of these animals provided clothing for the men and boys, also buckskin for moccasins. With these natural resources that were
necessary to the well being of the pioneer's life, Missouri became an attraction for these home seeking people.

They came on foot, horseback, covered wagon, oxcarts and by boat. Up the St. Francis, the James, the White, the Osage and the Niangua Rivers. They came in search of better
living conditions and happier surroundings.

In 1839 Joseph Miles, a bachelor tailor built the first log cabin in Buffalo, the settlement destined to become the county seat. Noah Bray, a Baptist minister, helped to survey the town
lots that same year. A grocery store, a hardware store, tailor shop, a tannery, and a shoe maker's shop were built around the town square.

In 1844, Niangua County disappeared from the map of Missouri when the county's name was changed to Dallas in honor of the then Vice President, George M. Dallas. Since Buffalo
was the county seat, the court house that was built of logs was replaced with a brick building by January 1849.

DAVID JAMES MORROW , a young Baptist minister and farmer, who was born in Tennessee October 5, 1815, joined this westward movement into Missouri. Little is known of his early
life and the identity of his parents is not known. His wife, LUCINDA YOUNG was born in Kentucky on October 15, 1821. As with her husband, little is known about her early life or the
identity of her parents. She and David married in the late 1830's somewhere in Missouri. The first definite fact known is that they were in Leesville, Henry County, Missouri as late as
November 21, 1845, where their fourth child, and oldest sons, BENJAMINE FRANKLIN MORROW, was born. The Dallas County land records, as well as all other records, were
destroyed along with the courthouse in a fire during the Civil War. Therefore, it cannot be determined the year that the family arrived in Dallas County. At any rate, the family is firmly
established in Dallas County by 1860 and living in the Jasper Township.

Prior to this period, STEPHEN BABB ,(son of PHILIP and MARY PERKINS BABB) and SARAH MORROW (no relationship found to our MORROW line), who married February 12, 1788
in Greene County, Tennessee had moved to Barren County, Kentucky where they had a son WILLIAM BABB to marry TEMPERANCE SHIPMAN in Barren County, Kentucky in May 2,
1808. TEMPERANCE was the daughter of DANIEL SHIPMAN and PHOEBE STATON, also of Barren County. WILLIAM and TEMPERANCE moved from Kentucky to Indiana where in
Crawford county their sixth child TEMPERANCE was born in 1820. The BABB’S moved on to Tennessee and finally into Cape Girardeau County, Missouri. They were in this county as
early as 1829 when they witnessed the marriage of their oldest son, WILLIAM BABB to ELIZABETH M. BRADLEY of Alabama.

By 1840 the family of WILLIAM BABB, SR. which had grown to a total of ten children, was living in Stoddard County, Missouri where WILLIAM died in 1842. He is believed to be buried
in Bloomfield. Neither the date nor place of death of TEMPERANCE SHIPMAN BABB is known. She was living with her son STEPHEN BABB and his wife MARTHA in the 1850 census
and since she does not appear in the 1860 census, it is presumed that she died between 1850 and 1860.

TEMPERANCE BABB'S daughter, TEMPERANCE, chose to be the second wife of PETER MYERS, a prosperous farmer who was born in Kentucky about 1800. Little is known about
PETER MYERS except that he was living in Stoddard County in 1840 with his first wife. By this first wife he had at least six children: JACOB, ABRAHAM, NANCY, PEGGY, BENJAMIN
and ELIZABETH. Sometime between 1840 and 1843 PETER MYERS first wife died. After his marriage to TEMPERANCE BABB in Stoddard County, Kentucky, they chose Dallas
County, Missouri for their permanent home. A Stoddard County land record indicates that they sold their eleven acre tract of land in October 1846. They moved their family to the
Jasper Township in Dallas County, Missouri. It is believed that PETER MYERS died in the 1870's.

The family built log cabins for their permanent residences in Buffalo and its surrounding communities. Usually in their back yards a smoke house was built for the purpose of storing
and curing buffalo meat, pork, beef and other foods. An ash hopper was also built in their back yard. It was kept filled with fresh ashes from the wood-burning fireplace. These ashes
were sprinkled frequently with water. The liquid from this hopper drained into a substantial container. This liquid was used to remove the husk from corn that was made into hominy,
which was one of their most popular and nourishing foods. Generally, this liquid was used to make ash lie soap for laundry purposes. The heavier and dirtier clothes were soaked in
the soapy water, then placed on a large wooden block and beaten with a strong paddle that was made for that purpose. The men and boys would take their deer hides and soak the
hairy sides in this ash lie to remove the hair. Following this process, the deer hides were soaked in a solution that was made by dissolving baked deer brains in tepid water. After a
day or two of soaking in this solution, the hides were wrung and hung to dry. From these processed hides, they made their top clothing and moccasins.

Their yards and gardens were fenced with rails that were split for $1.00 per hundred or by splitting them themselves. These rail fences made a wonderful windbreak for their early and
late vegetables. They also banked their potatoes, turnips and pumpkins on the south side of these rail fences when convenient to do so.

They stored their dry beans in barrels. They packed their sauerkraut in kegs that had removable tops. They dried their fruit and put it in bags suitable for hanging on the clothes line.
This method always kept their fruit in good condition. Their maple syrup and sorghum molasses was funneled into barrels through holes. They placed these barrels on a stand making
it easier to empty the contents.

In the 1830's, Andrew Jackson, the twelfth President of the United States, at times dealt harshly with the Indians. This probably influenced, in part, a group in Philadelphia to organize
the American Anti-Slavery Society for the purpose of upholding and defending the rights of minority groups. This immediately stirred emotions. By an act of Congress in 1834, the
Indian Territory was established.

The Independence of the State of Texas and its Republic had been declared in 1836. In July 1845, Texas accepted the terms made by the United States, and on December 29, 1845,
Texas was admitted into the Union. A difference on the boundary lines between Texas and Mexico developed into the Mexican war. Quite a number of young men from Dallas County,
Missouri volunteered to fight in the war.

During this period, the pioneers were going around quietly developing their respective communities, building houses of worship and also school houses. A local committee began to
give names to the creeks, springs, branches, and caves. Among some of these were: The MORROW Spring, the BENNETT Spring, BABB Spring, WINGO Creek and JONES Cave.

Sometime during this period, DAVID J. MORROW and LUCINDA YOUNG MORROW moved to the Jasper Township where they made a permanent home and brought up their children.
(Descendants of David and LUCINDA are listed under their family genealogy information)

The 1850's brought on a constant discussion about slave auctions at Bolivar and Springfield, Missouri. Officially Missouri was a slave state due to the Missouri Compromise of 1820.
However, sympathies were divided throughout the State.

On April 12, 1861 Ft. Sumter, South Carolina was fired upon. President Lincoln called for 7000 troops to defend the Union. The dreadful Civil War had begun. Being a border state,
Missouri wavered for a while but eventually cast her lot with the Union. Many southern slave holding families returned to their former state. In Dallas County a majority of the citizens
stood firm with the Union. Volunteers were quick to respond to the call for troops. Missouri was indeed a divided state as her sons would take up arms for both sides. Dallas County
was undoubtedly pro-Union, and the hand of war fell heavily on her. Confederates, Guerrillas and Regulars would often raid the county. Twice, the County courthouse was burned.
The records of Dallas County, Missouri were all destroyed by fire up to and prior to September 1867.

JAMES H.(J.H.) MYERS enlisted September 1, 1864 and served as private in Company C, 46 Regiment, Missouri Volunteers commanded by Dudly Brown. This regiment saw
considerable action though it had been formed as a home guard against Confederate guerrillas operating in the bitterly divided state. In October 1864, detachments of this unit were
present when the besieged Confederate garrison at Paris, Missouri surrendered. In November 1864, while on duty at Stockton, Missouri, J.H. MYERS contracted the pneumonia that
would forever affect his health. On March 7, 1865, almost a month before Appomattox, he was mustered out of the service.

BENJAMINE FRANKLIN MORROW enlisted on September 1, 1862, Company I of the 8th Regiment of Missouri Calvary Volunteers commanded by F.J. McAdo. He was honorably
discharged in Springfield, Missouri on the 8th of August, 1865.

When the terrible and devastating war was over and the troops had come home, JAMES H. MYERS found VIRLENIA MORROW proudly waiting for his return. They were married by L.
W. Adams on May 21, 1865. BENJAMINE F. MORROW AND TEMPERANCE MYERS were witnesses. Soon after, BENJAMINE and TEMPERANCE entered into a courtship of their own
and were married by Jesse L. Tiller on December 6, 1866 at the courthouse in Buffalo.

Both couples began their married lives in Dallas County, Missouri. But eventually a brother of TEMPERANCE, WILLIAM BABB, who was living in Hamilton County, Texas would write
encouraging letters about the new and unsettled State of Texas and its vast grass covered plains. Every letter was promising and exciting.

In 1870 and early 1871, J.H. MYERS and VIRLENIA , with their three children, WILLIAM NATHANIAL, RACHEL CORA ANNE and DAVID JAMES, along with BENJAMINE and
TEMPERANCE and their two children, MARTHA ELMINA and JAMES PETER, started on this long and dangerous trip to Texas. Both couples were encourage and strengthen by the
presence of each other.

The most encouraging individual in this wagontrain was Mother and grandmother TEMPERANCE MYERS BABB, who was more than anxious to come to Texas to be near her niece,
Mrs. JOHN R. PANCAKE and her brother, WILLIAM BABB. Her youngest child, MARTHA LUCINDA came with her. They made their home with BENJAMINE and TEMPERANCE. They
located in Coryell County near the lines of both Bosque and Hamilton counties. This made it convenient for them to meet and made friends in these two counties, as well as in Coryell
County. JAMES H. and VIRLENIA was their closest neighbors. These families had come to Texas to make a permanent home. They became involved in the social activities in the
surrounding communities, and especially in church work. All of them were devout members of the Church of Christ. In fact, J.H. MYERS was a Minister of this Church.

While living in Coryell County, BENJAMINE and TEMPERANCE MORROW had a son, WILLIAM W. born to them January 25, 1871. He was the first MORROW to be born in Texas.
Another, the fourth child and third son, (my father), DAVID WALDON MORROW, joined them February 23, 1874, and a second daughter CLARA on May 11, 1876.

Then in the late summer, VIRLENIA and BENJAMINE received the sad news that their beloved mother, LUCINDA YOUNG MORROW , had died during the month of July. She was
buried in the Macedonia Cemetery near the Benton Township of Dallas County, Missouri. To this day her grave is marked with a field rock for a headstone with the engraving "15
October 1821 - July 1874". Two graves near hers are marked with smaller field stones. Neither one has a marking of any kind.

After the death of LUCINDA, BENJAMINE and TEMPERANCE moved to Millsap in Parker County, Texas. TEMPERANCE BABB MYERS and daughter MARTHA moved with them.
TEMPERANCE BABB MYERS had two sons, NATHANIEL and his family, and PETER his family that had lived in that vicinity since around 1871. Also, BENJAMINE had a younger
brother WILLIAM L. MORROW and wife MARGARET E. BENNETT, who had previously located to that vicinity.

This move left J.H. and VIRLENIA MYERS near Hamilton, Hamilton County, Texas, where their descendants at present still live. Their remaining four children were born in Texas: LILLY
BELLE, ISAAC PETER, TEMPERANCE and JENNIE. In February 1883, following a visit to Parker County relatives, J.H. fell ill and remained an invalid for several years. His illness was
the result of the pneumonia he had contracted during the Civil War and the Federal Government would eventually allow him a pension.

While the BENJAMINE FRANKLIN MORROW family lived near Millsapp in Parker County, he served as a mill-wright at the Palace Flour Mill in Weatherford, Parker Co., Texas. A sad
thing happened while at Millsap. Grandmother TEMPERANCE BABB MYERS develop cancer of the breast that finally caused her death. Since BENJAMINE and TEMPERANCE had a
Hamilton County address at the time of DAVID J. MORROW'S death (the year before), it is not known if TEMPERANCE is buried in Hamilton County or Parker County, but most likely
Parker County, near Millsap.

Back in Missouri in 1869, Elders J.W. Fitch and DAVID J. MORROW (BENJAMINE's father) organized the Mount Pleasant Southern Baptist Church South in Dallas County, Missouri. In
1871, he and Mr. Fitch, along with others, organized the Mount Zion Baptist Church in Dallas County.

WILLIAM MONTGOMERY,(ca. 1792) a North Carolina slave owner, farmer and blacksmith, moved to Dallas County, Missouri. He served as one of the first court judges of Dallas
County, elected in 1855. His daughter MARGARET MONTGOMERY DAVIS, became involved in a courtship with DAVID J. MORROW, and they were married March 21, 1875 by
Minister J.W. Cranfill . MELISSA JANE MORROW BUSBY, the youngest of the family, gave MARGARET credit for being a good wife to her father. She always felt that her step-mother
gave her much consideration. DAVID J. MORROW died June 11, 1882 and is buried in the Macedonia Cemetery next to his first wife, LUCINDA YOUNG. It is presumed the two small
field rocks near their graves marks the plots of two of their children.

DAVID J. MORROW did not leave a will. The court of Dallas County at Buffalo appointed SAMUEL JONES to be administrator of his estate. At that time, SAMUEL JONES named and
MORROW, MELISSIA MORROW, a minor, all of the above in Buffalo, Missouri; BENJAMINE F. MORROW and VIRLENIA MYERS of Hamilton County, Texas; WILLIAM L. MORROW of
Parker County, Texas; SALENA FUNDERBURK in Nakomis, Illinois. Since the names of LUCINDA and GRANT do not appear, we assume these are the two children buried near their

After the death of her father, MELISSIA JANE made her home with her sister and brother-in-law SAMUEL and RACHEL JONES. Their son, JAMES JONES, and MELISSIA decided to
come to Texas and visit their relatives. She fell in love with Texas and decided to stay. She was living with her brother BENJAMINE F. MORROW when she met and fell in love with a
young Texan, EDWARD THOMAS BUSBY. They were married February 21, 1887 in Hamilton County, Texas. EDWARD T. BUSBY was born November 1, 1864 in Texas and died April
8, 1919 in Greenville, Texas. He is buried in the East Mount Cemetery at Greenville.

Sometime after 1882, JOHN ROLAND MORROW, the youngest son of DAVID JAMES MORROW and LUCINDA YOUNG, migrated to Texas. We do not have any information on the
history of this man except that his first wife MRS. BECKY STEELE, left one daughter, ORA. His second wife was ANNA SCOTT. To this union was born LOCKEY, OLLIE, DEWEY, MAY,
J.R. and OLIVER. These were all of the names that we were able to place. JOHN ROLAND died JUNE 23, 1932 and is buried at New Olive Cemetery in Big Springs, Howard County,

The drought in the 1880's in central and southern Texas brought great anguish to the MORROW family, as well as to other members of their kinship. During this time period
grandmothers BABB and MYERS died. BENJAMINE and TEMPERANCE moved to Hunt County. They located near Greenville on what was then called The Wire Grass Prairie. While
living there, their son WILLIAM died and is buried in a lost grave at the Weeland Cemetery.

Soon after the loss of their mother, TEMPERANCE BABB MYERS, these families except for J.H. AND VIRLENIA MYERS, all moved away from south and central Texas. Some of them
moved to Denton County, some to Grayson County, Texas, and others to Oklahoma. BENJAMINE AND TEMPERANCE MORROW remained in Texas, though far apart in distance were
dedicated to the welfare of each other. However, the entire family kept in touch by letters throughout the rest of their lives.

On March 20, 1848, by an act of the Texas Legislature, Van Zandt County was created from territory that was previously Henderson County. Then on June 9,1870 Rains County was
created from the territory taken from Wood, Van Zandt, Hopkins and Hunt Counties. Rains County is bound on the west and north by Hunt; on the east by Wood; on the south by Van
Zandt; and on the north by Hopkins County. Springville was replaced with the name Emory that was to be the county seat. Both the county and county seat were named in honor of a
pioneer and Judge Emory Rains who first represented the county in the State Legislature.

The soil in this county was very fertile and valuable for farming sugar cane, corn, cotton, and all kinds of vegetables. Since they did not have a stock law, the range was open territory
to everybody that wished to pasture the unfenced land. The county also had a large acreage in forest which provided employment for those who would split rails and make ties and
work at sawmills.

More and more people were removing to Texas during this period and the newly organized county of Rains was receiving its fair share of immigrants from the other states. Among
some of these were the ARMSTRONG’S who moved from Holly Springs, Mississippi. Their daughter ELIZABETH was about ten years of age when they crossed the Mississippi River
on a raft in search for a new home. They located in the Colony, Texas community. ELIZABETH remembered that after they had been moved about a year, her father died. This was a
great misfortune to their family and to their newly made friends.

It was in the latter part of 1890 that BENJAMINE F. and TEMPERANCE MYERS MORROW moved from Hunt County to the Colony Community in Rains County, TX. They located near
the Colony Church of Christ. This family, especially the young people, were found to be interesting, likable and sociable to the other members of the community. On September 3,
1893 they purchased a 73 acre block of land from W.B. and Sarah C. Sessum. This land is located on the West Franks Creek, a tributary to Sabine River. It is a part of the Still
Survey 5 1/2 miles east of south from Emory. It was on this farm that the younger MORROW children were brought up and spent the remainder of their lives.

The JOHN C. USRY family settled in the Reeder Community that also joined the Colony Community. They had a son ROBERT who accompanied them from Mississippi. The following
January 1893, BENJAMINE and TEMPERANCE'S daughter, CLARA MORROW married ROBERT USRY. CLARA and ROBERT were affectionately loved by all.

By the time the MORROWS had moved to Rains County, ELIZABETH ARMSTRONG had grown up to be a lovely and beautiful young woman. JAMES PETER MORROW, son of
BENJAMINE and TEMPERANCE, and ELIZABETH immediately became attracted to each other and started a courtship that developed into an everlasting love and marriage. They
were married May 31, 1892. DAVID W. MORROW and ROSA USRY were witnesses.

FRANCIS HULETT HALL and his new bride, MAGGIE AYER came from Wood County, Texas on horseback. They first rented a house that sat where the Charles Greene Ranch house
presently sits. While on this location, their first child, RILLA HALL, was born. In the meantime they bought land and cleared the timber away for the permanent homesite in the Boyd
Community which was the Colony Community at that time.

Now on to my parents courtship and marriage! The MORROW tract of land was bound on the east by the H.F. and MAGGIE HALL estate. DAVID MORROW knew exactly where RILLA
HALL was chopping cotton. He decided to go down and do her part of the hoeing. He took her hoe and she was walking along while they visited. They claimed that they had hardly
gotten a conversation started when her father, who was plowing nearby, called to DAVID to know if he would like to have a job. DAVID replied, "I could use one!" Immediately, DAVID
was hired and RILLA was told to go to the house. This was the start of a courtship that lasted. DAVID WALDON MORROW and RILLA HALL were married at the home of her parents
November 7, 1898. A.J. Plaxco performed the ceremony. Dad taught voice culture and singing schools in several communities in Rains, Wood, Hunt, Cottle counties.

Then later ALLECK HUTCHINS moved from Tennessee and brought a group of children, the older son THOMAS being from a previous marriage. They first settled on what is now
known as the MACK HALL homeplace. THOMAS was a tireless worker and also a farmer. He married MELISSA MORROW, BENJAMINE’s daughter, on August 28, 1904. They lived in
Rains county for several years, then moved to the farm of JAMES PETER MORROW in Henderson County. It was here that THOMAS HUTCHINS became ill. DAVID W. MORROW,
BUD HUTCHINS, a brother, of THOMAS and others went in wagons and moved him and his family back to my parents farm in Rains. THOMAS died after a few weeks of illness.

LEWIS FORD left Tennessee when quite young and initially settled at Alvarado, Texas. After the death of his first wife he moved into Rains County for at least a short period of time.
He and LUCINDA MORROW, daughter of BENJAMINE and TEMPERANCE fell in love and married December 18, 1900 at the courthouse in Emory.

The BARBER family moved from Pine Bluff, Arkansas and located in Smith County not too far from Rains. Later they located in the Boyd Community. While searching for employment
in Smith County, TAYLOR MORROW, son of BENJAMINE and TEMPERANCE, met and fell in love with HATTIE BARBER. TAYLOR and HATTIE were married September 8, 1901 at
Starville, Texas. They lived in Smith County for several years. While working on a sawmill, TAYLOR was badly hurt. Once recovered from his injuries, he and HATTIE moved to Dallas,
Texas where they spent the remainder of their lives.

The JAMES H. GLISSEN family located across the road on the north of the MORROW farm. Their son, JOHN GLISSEN and DORA MORROW, another daughter of BENJAMINE'S
immediately started a courtship. They were married September 3, 1911. They remained sitting in their horse drawn buggy in front of the church to make their marriage vows.
Afterwards they attended church and was congratulated by the entire church congregation. My sister PEARL and I, along with our father, witnessed the ceremony. The groom's
parents complimented the newly weds with an open house the next day. They set dinner and invited all friends, relative and neighbors. I remember it as a really lively affair!

Another son of BENJAMINE, FOSTER MORROW, traveled to Eustace, Henderson County, Texas and lived with his brother JAMES PETER. He met and married MRS. EMMA MORRIS
COUNTS. They lived near UNCLE JIM and AUNT BESSIE. FOSTER was a making ties. Soon afterward they moved to Hunt County where they lived a greater part of their lives. They
are both buried at Greenville, Hunt County, Texas.

AUNT JEANNETTA MORROW, married WILLIAM ISHAM. We have not been able to find out when or where. They lived for a year or more on her property in Rains County, then they
sold her block of land and moved to Hunt County where they lived the remainder of their lives. She is buried in the Turner Cemetery in Rains County.

When the court house burned at Emory in 1909, there was a large group of citizens in the western part of the county that wanted the new courthouse that was to be built to be placed
in Point. Emory is near the center of the county and Point is several miles west of the center. This created quite a squabble in the entire county. Since the people in the eastern part
of the county would have these several miles added to their already bad roads and poor traveling conditions, they wanted the new courthouse to be built at Emory. The people began
to meet in groups and give contenders their support that spoke in favor of their wishes. Daddy was selected by the business people of Emory to present to the citizens and voters of
Rains County the advantages and conveniences in keeping Emory as the county seat. Above all, it expressed fairness to all the citizens of the county.

He was financed by the business people and substantial citizens of Emory. The substantial citizens of the rural eastern part of the county also rallied to this move considerably. Dad
made the effort to be present at all their rallies that was humanly possible and would ask those present to wait and listen to his side of the problem. He made stirring speeches all over
the county and contacted every voter possible. Very often he would put up for the night some of his staunchest opponents. They were his close friends and people whom he held in
high esteem, but he differed with them on this particular problem. When the election was held, Emory won by a substantial vote. Dad always believed in being fair to all the people as
a whole and was always ready to defend that principle.
& Affiliated Families
by Cindy H. Casey                                  Home Page